Fantastic game! It's been a while since I've checked in on your progress, and I'm excited for all the new stuff! I've decided to name all my characters after St. Patrick, because I *will* kill all the snakes :P
My only real gripe (other than snakes, which you are addressing) is that you seem to have a rounding error in your code? Sometimes I'll wind up with 1.001 of something. Or it'll say that I have 1.0 of something, but then I cannot make a recipe that requires 1 of that thing; my guess is that I actually somehow have 0.999 of that thing, but it displays as 1.
A few suggestions and nitpicks for down the road, if I may...
- When skipping the intro, it'd be nice to have all of the stuff in the Heavy Purse done (stuff picked up, bartender talked to, first location acquired). That part is a bit tedious.
- It seems as tho remapping the shift key doesn't work as intended. The other key doesn't make actions happen twice, and shift still does.
- Tooltips in the journal would be nice, such as being able to see what other stuff can be made from a raw material when you see it in the Components tab.
- Being able to pin a recipe, including which materials you plan to convert into ingredients, would be super helpful.
- I know it's not the intended way to play, but an accessibility option to enable reloading would be helpful for various folks who struggle with the traditional rogue permadeath, like if you misclick and blow yourself up O.o
This is a very fun game, and I'm eagerly awaiting future progress :)